Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Apologies for the delay in posting. I thought I'd be a bit silly this time in honor of my favorite holiday: Halloween!


Over the years, I've worked on developing Halloween costumes related to actuarial science. What could be scarier, after all? Nothing as boring as wearing thick glasses, suspenders and a pocket protector and carrying a calculator, of course. To be a true actuarial nerd, you need to be more clever.


For my first such costume, I wore my college sweatshirt (the University of Chicago, woot!) with jeans and sneakers. I carried a backpack filled with statistics books. I also carried assorted tea bags that I handed out to everyone I met. I was a student distributing tea...a student's t-distribution. Har, har, har.


Last year's costume was a lot of work to put together. Take a look, and see if you can guess what I'm supposed to be:




Here's a close-up view:




No idea? Here's a hint: I have a fierce runway walk, despite having died at least three different ways. Give up? I'm a model, who's died multiple ways. In other words...I'm a multiple-decrement model. Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week.


You're probably crippled by laughter right now, so I'll leave my other hilarious actuarial costumes for another year. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment